1962 ST OverwoundThese pickups are completely handmade and have their design-origin based on the models from 1962. A speciality are the hand-ground tops of the vintage-staggered pole-pieces. This little mechanical change leads to reasonable additional magnetic field-dynamics and better pickup efficiency. These new pickups bring up unknown qualities out of the well known basic construction.
The old pickups were also slightly grounded until in the mid 60s somebody at CBS skipped that working step likely because it was too expensive. The pole-staggering is exactly as the old ancestors, the pickup winding specs. and calibration have been taken from 1962 models with 8% additional power in the overwound-model.
You will find all attributes of a vintage-pickup: Medium-Built Formvar wire, bobbins made of forbon, wax potted, pushback cloth wires, handwound.
Classic bell-sound with good portion of highs, additional dominance and pressure coming from optimized magnetfield and special magnet-loading. Very good response, twangy taste and mostly the impression to know this sound from earlier days...
More vintage-pickup is possibly not available for this type of guitar.
Output range is medium/high.
- Alnico-V rodmagnets, hand-ground, "Vintage staggered"
- South on top for neck and bridge pickup (= industry standard), north on top of middle pickup
(reverse polarity to get hum-cancel in the in-between positions)
- Neck 6,6 KOhm* DC-resistance, inductivity 2,9 H*
- Middle 6,5 KOhm* DC-resistance, inductivity 2,8 H*
- Bridge 6,9 KOhm* DC-resistance, inductivity 3,1H*
- 8% "overwound" for a little more output
- wound with original AWG42 medium build magnetwire
- potted in wax-mixture
- bobbins are made from black vulcanized fibre, an absolut vintage attribute, lots of handwork.
- wires are "vintage-correct" waxed pushback-clothwires made in USA, 25 cm length
- mounting dimensions like Fender-Stratocaster single-coils, PU´s mounting drill hole distance:
77,1 mm, 100 % compatible
- all standard Strat 52,3mm spacing pickup-covers will fit - 100 % compatible
- the winding pattern is scatterwound which means hand-guided during the winding process
like the old PU´s from the 50´s / 60´s.